Melissa Harris-Perry & Joan Walsh: GOP Takes on Planned Parenthood
Notice how Harris-Perry weaves in the racial / minority dynamic purported by the GOP for the last 30 years and how they have demonised particular minority communities and attached the negative feelings of those minority groups to issues around abortion or planned parenthood (or welfare or unions). This type of propaganda has been successful and has been accepted as truth despite the inherent untruth of the political propaganda surrounding these issues. Harris-Perry does a good job of putting in place an effective counter-narrative against the GOP based on the data and the economic truths surrounding this issue. It should be done more often.
- Mike Pence backs more abortions (salon.com)
- GOP Should Stop Bashing Planned Parenthood (dekerivers.wordpress.com)
- Mike Pence Says He’d Shut Down the Government to Defund Planned Parenthood (crooksandliars.com)
- Democrats pledge to filibuster anti-Planned Parenthood amendment (shortformblog.tumblr.com)
- 41 Senate Dems oppose GOP Planned Parenthood cuts (thehill.com)